Acrylic Bonding Additive & Primer Adhesive
- Permanently Bonds New Concrete & Plaster to Existing
- Eliminates Roughing Surface Before Applying Topping
- Use as Prime Coat or Additive to Concrete, Plaster & Stucco Mixes
- Super High-Strength
A very high-solid, water-resistant, acrylic resin, designed as a paint-on primer coat or additive to powder mixes, to permanently bond new concrete, plaster, stone, brick, tile, masonry and stucco to existing surfaces of same or similar materials. Use on interior/exterior, above/below grade projects. It improves the adhesion, durability and resistance to chemicals & acid by reducing the surface permeability. Ideal primer before applying thin Portland cement coatings, concrete repair/resurface powder mixes, thin-set mortar, grouts or packaged concrete mixes. Significantly improves the chemical bond over smooth non-porous surfaces, like poured concrete, glazed tile and sandstone surfaces. Prevents separation and cracking; increases cohesion, tensile, compressive and flexural strength. Eliminates need for chipping, drilling or roughening existing surfaces before applying new topping. Exceeds requirements of ASTM C-1059 Type I and Type II.
Insure surface to be coated is sound and clean. Remove any dust, dirt, mildew, wax, oil, grease or loose materials. Etch/neutralize salt-like, alkaline deposit (efflorescence) or remove release-oil or curing agent with Damtite Concrete Cleaner or a mild acid and rinse well.
Shake or stir well before using. Can be applied to dry or damp surfaces. As Paint-on Prime Coat (do not dilute):
- Apply uniform coat (to thickness of paint) onto existing surface with a brush, roller or spray gun.
- For concrete mix applications, place new topping mix or patch on top of Damtite Adhesive coating as soon as it is dry to touch, typically within 2-3 hours. Plaster mixes should be applied within 1 hour, while the Damtite Adhesive is still tacky. Insure base coat plasters are dry before applying the Damtite Adhesive.
- If prime coat is cured over 48 hours, apply additional coat before applying concrete or plaster topping. As an Additive to cement-based mixes: Important When replacing water with this product, never exceed the total quantity of liquid recommended by manufacturer of the mix.
As a Paint-on Prime Coat: 150-300 sq ft per gallon (3.7 – 7.4 m/L).
When rapid drying expected due to high temperatures or wind, cover patch or new coating with wet burlap or similar material to retain moisture for slower cure. This Damtite Adhesive will not affect curing or set time of most products. Refer to manufacturer’s label for normal cure time of topping, normally 24-48 hrs. Do not apply finishes/patches below 50°F (10°C) or when temperature expected to fall below 40°F (4°C) within 24 hours. Do not store in areas over 100°F (38°C). Any deviation from mixing proportions or lesser quantity of Damtite Adhesive could cause inadequate performance. If used for coatings over previously-painted surfaces, the original coating could pull away from the surface. Do not use where constant moisture is present or in areas subject to immersion, like swimming pools.
Clean all tools and equipment immediately with soap and water. Cured material may require scraping and cleaning materials for removal. Product can be permanently damaged if frozen. Store at normal temperatures with lid secured. Dispose of unused or damaged product in accordance with federal, state and local requirements.