Bonding Primer Adhesive
- Permanently Bonds New Concrete & Plaster to Existing
- Eliminates Roughing Surface Before Applying Topping
- Use as Prime Coat or Additive to Concrete, Plaster & Stucco Mixes
- Super High-Strength
A very high-solid, water-resistant, acrylic resin, designed as a paint-on primer coat or additive to powder mixes, to permanently bond new concrete, plaster, stone, brick, tile, masonry and stucco to existing surfaces of same or similar materials. Use on interior/exterior, above/below grade projects. It improves the adhesion, durability and resistance to chemicals & acid by reducing the surface permeability. Ideal primer before applying thin Portland cement coatings, concrete repair/resurface powder mixes, thin-set mortar, grouts or packaged concrete mixes. Significantly improves the chemical bond over smooth non-porous surfaces, like poured concrete, glazed tile and sandstone surfaces. Prevents separation and cracking; increases cohesion, tensile, compressive and flexural strength. Eliminates need for chipping, drilling or roughening existing surfaces before applying new topping. Exceeds requirements of ASTM C-1059 Type I and Type II.
Insure surface to be coated is sound and clean. Remove any dust, dirt, mildew, wax, oil, grease or loose materials. Etch/neutralize salt-like, alkaline deposit (efflorescence) or remove release-oil or curing agent with Damtite Concrete Cleaner or a mild acid and rinse well.
Shake or stir well before using. Can be applied to dry or damp surfaces. As
Paint-on Prime Coat (do not dilute):
- Apply uniform coat (to thickness of paint) onto existing surface with a brush, roller or spray gun.
- For concrete mix applications, place new topping mix or patch on top of Damtite Adhesive coating as soon as it is dry to touch, typically within 2-3 hours. Plaster mixes should be applied within 1 hour, while the Damtite Adhesive is still tacky. Insure base coat plasters are dry before applying the Damtite Adhesive.
- If prime coat is cured over 48 hours, apply additional coat before applying concrete or plaster topping. As an Additive to cement-based mixes: Important When replacing water with this product, never exceed the total quantity of liquid recommended by manufacturer of the mix.
As a Paint-on Prime Coat: 150-300 sq ft per gallon (3.7 – 7.4 m/L).